Battle against the clock and other students and showcase your programming skills in the 2nd Blind Coding Challenge (BCC2021).
In aims of providing a platform for the Computer Engineering department students to improve and demonstrate their problem solving and programming skills, the department will be hosting the “Blind Coding Challenge” coding competition annually among its undergraduate students in early April.
The Blind Coding Challenge is an individual and fun challenge which is targeting the students from Computer Engineering and IT department of all grades.
Each participant will be given four programming problems of varied difficulties to solve with their monitors turned off, hence the name of the competition, without a compiler and within a limited time frame of 30 minutes for each problem. These programming problems can be solved by using either (Java or C++) programming languages. Careful analysis and application of algorithms taught in undergraduate studies can aid the students in solving these problems.
This competition not only will improve and enhance the students’ programming knowledge but also improve their speed, accuracy and efficiency in solving these challenging programming statements.
In BCC, our contestants will have a duration of 2 hours to solve 4 programming problems (in either C++ or Java), where each problem should be solved within 30 minutes only.
Winners will be decided upon certain judging criteria. In case of a tie, the total time consumed in providing a correct solution to each problem will be taken into consideration.
Competition Date: TBA
Location: Tishk International University – Main Building – Programming Lab #241
For more inquiries, please contact:
- Mr. Mousa M Amin (Head of Department – Computer Engineering Department)
- Ms. Israa Nazhat (Research Assistant – Computer Engineering Department)
- Competition duration is 2 hours only.
- Participants will be given 4 programming problems to be solved in 30 minutes each.
- Participants must be available in the lab 10 minutes before the start of the competition.
- No extra time will be given to latecomers.
- Each participant will get the same time duration to solve each problem.
- Participants are not allowed to speak/collaborate or share ideas between each other. Any cheating attempt will result in the disqualification of those participants.
- Use of cellphones, personal laptops or tablets is prohibited.
- Any attempt of turning-on the computer monitor, even for a split second, will result in the disqualification of those participants.
- - Participants whose code is executed will receive 100 points for each task.
- - Participants with code containing few errors will receive 50 points for each task.
- - Participants who finish coding before the time limit will receive 50 extra points.
- - Winners will be decided according to the highest total number of accumulated points.
- - Ties are broken according to the total time taken to solve each problem
Registration for BCC 2021 can be done through the following form: BCC registration form
Registration deadline: Sunday, April 18th, 2021