Civil Engineering Department:
The continuous improvement and development of the teaching process of structural engineering, materials of construction, geotechnical engineering, construction management, highway engineering and environmental engineering, through:
- Continuous review and development of academic plans to achieve market needs.
- Work to increase qualified faculty members and technicians.
- Continue to develop field training in the college laboratories, computer center and in construction sites.
- Promote the application of computers on civil engineering and to involve computerization of the engineering fields in the civil engineering department curricula.
Preparing the ground for opening Master program in the dept. by acquiring
- High qualified academic staff.
- Computer center
- Modern classes
Improving scientific research by:
- Cooperation and coordination with local and foreign institutions to provide financial support for civil engineering research, and to promote long-term exchange of knowledge with them.
- Providing financial material support from the University’s research center.
- Activating the role of graduate students and cooperation in scientific research.
- Ensure the publication of results in journals, symposiums and various workshops.
- Encourage the academic staff to participate in research work in national and international conferences.
- Continue in making our own international conferences which was started successfully with Tishk International IEC2014 and Tishk International IEC2016.
Engagement in the local community through:
- Strengthening links with colleges and institutes inside or outside the university.
- Providing special attention to college graduates and help finding jobs through the career office of our university
- Increasing participation in national councils and committees.
- Communicating and interacting with construction firms and cooperate for training students and facilitating research work if needed.